I'll be standing whenever it is appropriate.  The longest event takes 30 minutes.  I don't know what the big deal is.  If you don't want to be forced to stand in order to see then I suggest you stay home and watch on television.  The coverage is so good and you won't have to worry about having someone stand, sit or talk to you during the 10K.  The only time I have to stand during the TV coverage is whenever they show the walk.

I say STAND, it's easier to hide the keg of beer if everyone is standing in front of it.

-Ray