Y ask Y:

Sunday's edition of The San Diego Union-Tribune carries this provocative preview of
the Mt. SAC Relays:

Monique Henderson just happened to be in the coaches' office when the meet director
for the Mt. SAC Relays
called.

"He said that Marion Jones was going for the world record in the 300 meters and asked
if I would run," said Henderson. "Let's see, she gets thousands of dollars to run and
probably thousands more if she breaks the record. I get zero for humiliation. She's
trying to break the world record while I'm trying to break 54 seconds (this season) in
the 400. I declined. Maybe in a few more years."

Ken Stone
http://www.masterstrack.com