Conway Hill writes concerning Hawthorne HS of Hawthorne, California:

It was really the equivalent of an all star team ...
The likes of which may never be seen again at a single school

I think it is quite possible that we will see a team like that again.
Just look at little Modesto Christian in basketball.  They had ex-49ers Bubba
Paris' son plus three players from England.  A school of 200+ students won
the Northern California Division I (large schools) basketball title this year.
It is much easier now to go to another high school, rather than your
neighborhood school.
Watch out for St. Mary's of Berkeley.  They are building quite an outstanding
team and coaching staff. Plus they added Rod Jett, who was ranked ninth in
the US in the 110 hurdles in 1992, and Richie Boulet, who was ranked fourth
in the US in the 1,500 in 1998, to their coaching staff this spring.
Senior Halihl Guy (St. Mary's, Berkeley) won the 110 hurdles (14.75 2.3) and
400 hurdles (54.16) at the Stanford Invitational last Saturday with the
coaching of Rod Jett.

Keith Conning
735 Brookside Drive
Vacaville, CA  95688-3509