Writing that something is "private" does not entitle them to attack me or
anyone else in a disrespectful and arrogant way, as did Mr. McCann.

Moreover, his attacks were not "private" as he sent his screeds around to
numerous other people, as indicated on the email.

I NEVER communicated to him privately and found his willingness to engage in
such ad hominem activities a genuine abuse of the Internet and this list.

It was in that spirit that I decided to pass along his jihads. I have no
intention of apologizing as I was responding to someone's absusive behavior
by letting other's make their judgments.

It's unfortunate that a number of people on this list, apparently Mr. McCann
among them, finds it acceptable to engage in personal invective when the
issue turns to something they find uncomfortable to talk about -- human
differences. It's my belief that such people are the root of the problem of
prejudice, not a solution.

"If decent people don't discuss human biodiversity,² warns Walter E.
Williams of George Mason University, who is African American, ³we concede
the turf to black and white racists."

Sports offer a non-polemical way to convey this message and de-politicize
what has sometimes been a vitriolic debate.

--
Jon Entine
RuffRun