Will it hamper the reporting and/or analyzing atheltics (I refer to the
sports strangely named track and filed in teh USA and Canada) if we
resorted to just accepting and respecting Hamilton-Favor's explanation of
what she went through, and accept her reasoning why she will/will not
participate in certain parts of the competition left over the season?

Certainly one has the right to agree, or disagree, or partly agree, or even
dislike her explanation for not finshing ; but treating her with respect is
not too much to ask.

UG