From: Michael Contopoulos [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2001 10:02 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: t-and-f: X-C Districts and Nationals - was name change

Here's what I find baffling when I hear people say Webb isn't that good at
cross, he can't run 10k, etc.  If it were any other year other than last
year, Alan Webb would have been Footlocker Champ and heads and shoulders
above anyone else going into his freshman year.  Just because Ritz was in
his class does not make Webb any less proficient of a cross country
runner... like I said, any other year and we would be saying how Michigan
got the Footlocker Cross champ... which almost automatically qualifies him
for a top 10-15 finish.  Now take the fact that he is Alan Webb, and I'm
seeing at worst a 7th place finish.

Mike

My predictions (4-7 interchangeable and on a good day, any one of which
could challenge the top 3 for the victory, 8-10 negotiable):

1. Boaz
2. Kimani
3. Torres
4. Ritz