Well, tell that to Jeff Drenth.  At least that was the rumor when he
died.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Dan Kaplan
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 12:01 PM
To: T&F
Subject: Re: Pharmaco-economics was: t-and-f: Olympic DQ's

--- Buck Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I always chuckle to myself when I read the oft-repeated idea that
> the athletes are ahead of the testers when it comes to science.

What's so hard to believe about that?  If someone can get their hands on
the stuff (hypothetically speaking, of course), I assume it takes most
semi-intelligent people very little science to inject or swallow it.  On
the other hand, testing for it would take a whole lot more science
beyond
just creating the drug, assuming the R&D leading to the patent did not
also include ways of testing for the drug's presence.

Dan

=====
http://AccountBiller.com - MyCalendar, D-Man, ReSearch, etc.
http://Run-Down.com - 10,000 Running Links, Fantasy T&F