ghill wrote:
> I can't imagine that the IAAF or IOC have ever looked at it as a substance
> to be banned. Didn't the FDA even refuse even to sanction its production
as
> a "drug"? (I remember Oregon athletes of the era complaining that decision
> was based on bad science.)
Back in the 70's and early 80's this seemed to be a "hot" medication for
runners.  I've used it off and on for years with mixed results.  My wife and
I are horse owners and she swears by it and often has "the breath" herself.
It can burn sometimes for a while after application, but if you need any,
check out your local feed store and it will likely be with the horse
medications.  If I had my choice, however, I'll take a good massage anyday
to DMSO.

bob