Tom Derderian wrote:
> TV is dead. Webcast is the future.
Most webcasts have mediocre picture quality although I have seen a few with
pretty good pictures, assuming that you have a high speed connection.  The
poor quality ones are a chore to watch and the low quality really shows
through when the subjects are in fast motion.  For example, I tried to watch
some of the European Championships on the BBC web site and it was
frustrating.  The technology is there if it gets applied correctly, though.
Hopefully, more people will acquire high speed connections so that they can
make the most of the medium.

Maybe USATF should try doing something along these lines with domestic
meets.   It would be nice to even employ multiple streams, so that you could
go to a web page and select which event that you wished to follow.

bob