Martin J. Dixon wrote:
> Sorry to continue to stray off track here. The adversity was just icing.
He
> deserved to win it anyway. He did do a little something extra after
winning it
> twice, he won it a third time AND a fourth. Armstrong's thoughts on the
matter
> are not relevant. He is not a normal human being. Ask the great cyclists
in
> history who have never won it.
I agree completely.  There is a great story by Rick Reilly on Armstrong in
the SI Athlete of the Year issue; Armstrong is as tough as they come and his
discipline should be an inspiration to all athletes.  As much as I bitch and
moan about SI and their lack of track coverage, they make me appreciate the
intensity of these other athletes.  And their last issue even had a short
piece on the old Juantorena / Boit rivalry.

bob