Dave Cameron wrote:
> Anyway... I'm wondering how long Van Aaken lived.   I understand he
> is deceased now (he was born in 1910, so didn't make it to 100).
> Given his adamant belief on people programmed to live to 100 - does
> anyone know how close he got?
I did a little research and found that he died in 1984.  I recall that he
had suffered a terrible accident while training where he was run down by a
motor vehicle and eventually had both of his legs amputated.  I don't know
how much this accident contributed to his demise, as he was coaching and
lecturing after the accident.

Most of Van Aaken's book are in German, although Runner's World published a
famous one back in the 1970's called "The Van Aaken Method".

bob