I sat next to and chatted with Dr. Edell at a luncheon event about 15 years ago. He's a nice enough guy, but even then he was a total media doc - no longer practices any sort of medicine nor conducts any research of his own. He's a talking head you can hire with M.D. after his name. As I recall, he said his medical training was in Ob/Gyn. I'm not sure exactly who I'd turn to for longevity advice, but it probably wouldn't be my wife's gynecologist.

Kurt Bray

I think you'll find that Edell is a rather creative thinker. Check this out:

http://www.healthcentral.com/drdean/deanfulltexttopics.cfm?ID=7722&storytype
=DeanQuestions

STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 3 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail&xAPID=42&PS=47575&PI=7324&DI=7474&SU= http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_stopmorespam_3mf