On a more sober note, my daughter grew up as a runner and regularly endured
attacks, such as the occasional beer bottle, firecracker or cherry bomb.
Just two years ago as an adult, she was attacked my a man while running in a
park in Los Angeles.  Despite being an experienced runner, she was wearing
headphones and the guy was able to sneak up on her.  Fortunately, she
escaped and with the assistance of a passing motorist, the culprit was
arrested.  Unfortunately, there were no witnesses to the actual attack.  My
daughter went to court on it but the judge let the attacker go free for lack
of evidence.

I think maybe we should refer this one to the Runners Defense League.  And
then maybe move to Vancouver (must be something in the water up there).

bob