I wish him well. I saw him run at the indoor U.S. Nationals in 1999. A high school kid running against the pros. He didn't do that bad as I remember. It's going to be very hard for him to come back after so long away from training, however. He may think he is in shape but there is no substitute for competition. I hope he doesn't get discouraged if he doesn't do as well as he expects.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I've had a couple phone conversations with Casey. If all goes well this
weekend, he will run in the 55th Ted Haydon Holiday Classic at the University
of Chicago Saturday, Dec. 15, 2007.

http://uctc.org/schedule.html

Good story here. Casey runs tomorrow at Illinois State University.

http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2007/12/07/sports/doc4758cefd989a4553812823.txt

Sprinter's comeback dreams on the line at ISU track meet

By Randy Sharer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

NORMAL — The stage is set for either a train wreck or the feel good story of
the year at Saturday’s Redbird Open indoor track and field meet at Horton Field
House.

Running unattached in the 10:30 a.m. men’s 60-meter dash prelims — after eight
years away from the sport — will be Casey Combest, 27, of Henderson, Ky.

Combest zoomed to prominence in 1999 when he set the still-standing national
indoor high school record of 6.57 seconds in the 60.

--
Wayne T. Armbrust, Ph.D.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]