Just imagine the salary war that would take place if five of the top college
football/men's basketball head coaching positions opened at the same time ...

However, regarding candidates ...

My vote for the Stanford or the Wisconsin opportunities is Skip Stolley.

He has been in California for about 20 years, so he would be a good fit for
Stanford and is well known on that coast.

He is originally from Illinois and has ties to Wisconsin.  And, I know from
experience that he knows how to train distance runners in the (Midwest) winter.

He had a great h.s. coaching career in Illinois before heading west.

Because of his outstanding organizational skills and knowledge level, he would
be an excellent mentor to groom a couple of young coaches to eventually take
over.

http://www.vsatrackclub.org

Bio
Skip Stolley (Middle & Long Distances)

Morphed Track West (a distance club which he founded in I986) into the VS
Athletics Track Club in 2006.  Has coached 24 Olympic Trials qualifiers, more
than 50 qualifiers for the USA Track & Field Championships, and cross country
teams that have placed among the top-3 at the USA Championships six times and
won national titles in 1994 and '97.  Has written more than 50 articles for
various coaching journals and running publications and been featured as a guest
speaker at coaching clinics in 18-states.   Meet director for the annual
Southern California USATF Cross Country and Track & Field Championships, Grand
Prix Summer Series, and numerous invitationals that have served as final
qualifying meets for the USA Championships and Olympic Trials.  Holds executive
committee positions within both USA Track & Field and the U.S. Track Coaches
Association.  Selected as a coach for five USA National Teams.  In 1999, he was
recognized by USA Track & Field as Cross Country Coach-of-the-Y!
 ear.  I
n 2000, he received USA Track & Field’s “Outstanding Contributor” award.
Listed in the Heritage Registration of “Who’s Who in America” in the category
of Olympic Sports.

From: "Wayne T. Armbrust" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>