I downloaded T2 v6.0.2, and I have some questions.

I see that the package definitions are in the "package" directory, and was
wondering if there is a way to update package definitions without downloading
the entire toolkit?

There are a number of architectures listed as supported.  I am wondering how
you do this.  Since not all combinations of binutils-gcc-glibc work for
every architecture, how do you define a working configuration for each arch?

Does T2 provide any tools for capturing run-time configuration?  For example,
when I boot my machine into T2, and I change /etc/resolv.conf (or any of the
files in /etc) is there some way to capture that?  Can that information be
folded back into package definitions?

I see you've also made a comparison to Gentoo, and I am familiar with Gentoo.
When you say that T2 does "automated package build" compared to the Gentoo
ebuilds, what does that mean?  Can I just specify a name somewhere and T2 will
figure out how to download and build that package just based on the name?

And how does T2 configuration compare to portage USE flags?  Suppose I want to
turn on IPV6 for my system, with Gentoo I would simply add 'ipv6' to my USE
flags and rebuild the system.  Does T2 provide this sort of high-level
configurability that cascades down to the package level?

Likewise, I tried building a basic embedded system, but it seems to want to
build perl and X, and I want neither.  Again, Gentoo USE flags would make it
easy to turn this off, but I don't see how to do that with T2.

What are the "sophisticated wrappers" in T2 that are better than the "hardcoded
CFLAGS" in Gentoo?  In Gentoo the make.conf file allows you to set system-wide
CFLGAS which can be over-ridden on the command line for any package.  And
package ebuilds also allow you to set specific flags for a given package to
override system or user choices (if they're known to be bad, for example).

As far as libc choices go, Gentoo profiles define various libc alternatives,
which claim to support system builds, although I have not used portage to build
a uclibc system.

On one final note, in trying to build with T2 for a basic embedded system, the
build fails on building base/gmp with the following error, perhaps there is
some way to recover from this (sorry, the config system is new to me):
Due to previous errors, no 1-gmp.log file!
(Try enabling xtrace in the config to track an error inside the build system.)
--- BUILD ERROR ---
Creating file list and doing final adaptions ...
Processing static lib corrections ...
Verifing the .la files ...
Searching for orphaned files ...
Found 7 files for this package.
Found 1 orphaned files for this package.
Clear (old) md5sums and cksums ...
Creating md5sum and cksum files ... done.
Creating package description ...
Making post-install adaptions.
-> $root/var/adm/logs/1-gmp.out -> 1-gmp.err
== 06/07/07 16:30:48 =[1]=> Aborted building package gmp.

Thanks,
Rob