Hi all,

On Saturday 14 April 2007 19:26:18 you wrote:

> in the past we just "marked" packages cross compiling by selecting them
> to cross build in stage 1.
>
> However when they became too many of them we stopped doing so and
> instead transformed the package selection in the target, such as the
> example embedded one and our product builds on-the-fly as-needed.
>
> However this is of course no real solution and we lost overview about
> how many hundred of our thousand packages actually cross build.
>
> We now introduced a CROSS flag, with the support glue in scripts/config.in
> to conditionally add the stage 1 build selection to those CROSS flagged
> packages when a cross build is selected.
>
> Due to the additional marks the active package count of the generic
> target with cross build enabled increased from:
>
>   97 active packages

>  324 active packages
>
> Please mark packages that you know cross build as it.
>
> I'll also update our package matrix renderer to output an additional
> note for cross compiling packages at:
>
>   http://www.t2-project.org/packages/

In the last months many more packages received the CROSS mark and
in addition I coded a tiny script that empirically tries to cross build
packages where all [DEPS] already cross build. Aside some hundred
packages that were found to just cross build in T2, now - I also fixed
some dozen of trivial cross build errors on-the-way.

We now got to a total of 700 packages known to cross compile with
the T2 SDE:

  t2-trunk# grep '^\[F\] .*CROSS' package/*/*/*.desc | wc -l
  700

Have a nice sunday - yours,