Hi all,

a feature that was asked for twice in IRC in the last 14 days was
to have a online, HTML package matrix not only for trunk, but also
for our stable trees.

Formerley however, the package matrix was only re-generated twice
a day to static HTML files - and even that took siginificant amount
of time (>10m on the aging Athlon server).

So for the most often asked feature for the homepage in the last 2
weeks we now have rewritten the generion code to render the
page dynamically on the fly, and included listings for the 7.0, 6.0
and even 2.1 series on-the-way:

  http://www.t2-project.org/packages/
  http://www.t2-project.org/packages/7.0/
  http://www.t2-project.org/packages/6.0/
  http://www.t2-project.org/packages/2.1/

The pages include the version in the title as well as in the overview
page. A new feature is also that the per-package pages include the
pacakge's .desc short title in the HTML title.

The package pages render reasonable fast (<1s on the Athlon), only
the indexes take a little long - usually >10s - depending on server load).

This is because all .desc files are quickly read in to grab the version.
The first version we put online today excluded the version and renderered
magnitudes faster, but the version info was quickly asked for, ...

We have a caching proxy already, anyway - maybe we configure the
server to go thru our transparently caching proxy. Another solution would
be to pre-cache the versions somewhere.

Anyway, I hope you find the added information useful - any comment
welcome.

Have a nice weekend,

  René