Hi,

On Sunday 26 August 2007 12:36:24 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi,
> I notice that OpenOffice package in trunk is now 2.2.1. That's good.
>
> Awhile back I attempted to compile OO and failed, on T2 v6.
>
> The default "full" packages profile (it's name excapes me right now) does
> not include OpenOffice. Could there be a packages profile created that
> has OpenOffice plus all the packages and anything else needed to ensure
> that OpenOffice will compile? ...even if the whole thing takes a week!
>
> It would be good if this could be done for 7.0 release.

Yes, OpenOffice always is one of the most annoying things to keep building.
One week it does, and the next week it fails in one of it's millions lines of
code, ...

We have increasing problems with Abiword, Gnumeric and Koffice for our
daily office work (at ExactCODE) and consider taking more effords to have
OpenOffice building continously in order to switch to that.

This might innclude switching from this go-ooo build wrapper to building
it from the original sources, as the build wrapper is also changing on and
on while the upstream source is not under that rapid fluctuation.

I talked with ArchLinux folks and they build from the original source for
simillar reasons.

> Also, I would like to know from anyone experienced with compiling OpenOffice,
> whether it is possible to compile without Java support -- as I recall, it
> is, or was, a configure option. Basically, I have an interest in building the
> smallest possible OpenOffice.

At one point in the past this was possible, however some parts, I think it
was the help system and some wizard dialogs are missing in java-less builds.

However, these days I'm not that sure if building a Java-less OO is sitll
possible. Also right now in trunk OO fails afte an hour of building on some
visual basic related stuff.

Any help welcome :-)

  Geschäftsführer: Susanne Klaus, René Rebe
  Sitz: Berlin, Amtsgericht Charlottenburg HRB 105 123 B
  USt-IdNr.: DE251602478