Hi,

On 28.01.2008, at 20:07, Mike N wrote:

Hello,

I have used SVN t2-trunk version for a while already, but today it broke
when I updated latest changes from svn repo.

After the update every build failed in "base/linux-header" stage-0 step. After digging in more it turn out that compilation environment tried to call Linux Kernel makefiles with "make ARCH=x86 CROSSCOMPILE= KCC=kcc oldconfig"
parameters.

Well, as we know Linux 2.6.x doesn't have arch/x86/ directory but instead arch/i386/. The error turn out to be in "base/linux24/linux-conf.in" file. The latest SVN changelog (r27693 by aldas) gives a hint about the change but
looks like it breaks the x86 (32bit) compilation.

This was changed in 2.6.24. i386 and x86_64 where unified to just x86 with
a Config option whether to build 32 or 64 bit.

However, this changes apparently broken the slightly older linux-header
package which still has i386 and x86_64.

The lastest T2 svn package/base/linux24/linux-conf.in file has following
line 20:
lx_cpu=echo $arch | arch2uname | sed s/.... ppc and mips and bfin stuff
here... -e  s/i386/x86

The last "-e s/i386/x86" part is new addition and it wrongly changes arch
kernel compilation parameter from i386 to x86 value.

I removed this i386->x86 sed conversion part from linux-conf.in file and I
was once again able to compile something.

Is this "workaround fix" valid or have I missed something? Or maybe the
latest SVN change was meant to deal with only x86_64 arch but it
accidentally changes the 32-bit x86 Kernel arch parameter?

This needs to be addressed, maybe by simply updating the older linux- header, or changing this line to use different substitutes depending on the version
to build.

Yours,

  Geschäftsführer: Susanne Klaus, René Rebe
  Sitz: Berlin, Amtsgericht Charlottenburg HRB 105 123 B
  USt-IdNr.: DE251602478