Hi,

> On 26. Jul 2021, at 16:35, Roger Mason <rma...@mun.ca> wrote:
>
> I have just installed 21.7 on a amd64 system after about 10 years away
> from T2 (mostly using FreeBSD).

welcome back!

> Now I have completed the initial (t2-21.7-x86-64-minimal-desktop-gcc-glibc)
> install I need help installing some
> packages and getting some things running.  In particular I want to use
> fvwm as my window manage

did you try checkout the t2 source (svn co https://svn.exactcode.de/t2/trunk
<https://svn.exactcode.de/t2/trunk>) somewhere and
scripts/Emerge-Pkg it? If so do you get a build error?

> and I also don't see how to enable the mouse
> on the console.

If you mean text console, we don’t ship gpm by default anymore, as I felt like
I was the
last one using it. You can simply Emerge it like mentioned above:

# scripts/Emerge -missing=only gpm

And one time start it or enable it in your init levels.

I hope this helps,
        René

--
 ExactCODE GmbH, Lietzenburger Str. 42, DE-10789 Berlin, https://exactcode.com