On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 11:13 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> maybe you missed NOP's contribution in one of the parallel threads, so
> again: your point of view is bike-focused, so you think every way or path
> suitable for cycling should be tagged a cycleway.

I'll restate it: every way or path *especially* suitable. More suitable than
average. Much more suitable than average, if you like.

Anyway, I'm obviously not getting my message across, so I'm going to have to
think about how to express it more clearly. I'm not trying to turn OSM into
a bike project - I'm actually just trying to work out a definition of
cycleway that people can agree on and that is useful.

> That's for the database side. Still on the consumer side (e.g. rendered
> maps) you could make this bike-focused map (without contaminating the data)
> simply by rendering everything suitable for cycling just the same as a legal
> cycleway.

Yeah, I'll be investigating that direction too.

Steve