2010/1/7 Matthias Julius <li...@julius-net.net>:
> You want to parse the wiki page from within osm2pgsql?  I am not so sure
> that's a good idea.  I think it should read that information from a
> local file (which can be updated from the wiki by an independent tool).

For all it matters, the raw wiki page could be cached locally and
parsed, however that isn't really isn't the issue, the issue is
turning the information on the wiki page (somehow) into a lookup table
to be used to assign shield symbols...

> Also, it would be nice if the mechanism is general enough that it can be
> used elsewhere where the appearance of a way or node should depend on an
> area it intersects or is within, like roads under buildings.

Well relations aren't ways, the ways go through/under/ buildings.