Hi Neskie,

I started a wiki page based on some initial discussion from the IRC.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:admin_level%3Daboriginal_land

Richard Weait suggested to use admin level=aboriginal land‎ & boundary
administrative.

However, i disagree.  As admin_level=3 works with boundary:type =
aboriginal_land, & place=region, seems to work fine, and fits within
the current OSM structure.
I also posted the discussion on the proposal page, to help with ideas.

Thanks for creating the .osm file for BC.
The OSM tags also need to be added in there, so this is why i uploaded a sample.
I also edited the GeoBase page
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Geobase/Canadian_Aboriginal_Lands

Hopefully, we can pin-point the best way to represent this feature in OSM.

Cheers,
Sam

Twitter: @Acrosscanada
Blog:  http://Acrosscanadatrails.blogspot.com