> Agreed, although the situations in which it's not so clear are the ones
> where OSM could really get an advantage over the competition.  So many
> times
> I'm directed by Google Maps to a location quite a distance away from the
> parking lot I'm trying to get to.  It's especially annoying when there
are
> one-way streets or divided highways which cause significant routing
> differences between a route directly to the location and a route to the
> correct parking lot.
> I'll smile when my GPS tells me to "drive to X, park, walk across the
> pedestrian bridge" etc.  Even moreso if it's done using OSM data.

I have to agree; the huge bonus with OSM is the level of detail that we
can achieve with it.  Also being able to start embedding not as obvious
knowledge into the mapping data is a huge plus.

Lol, now just think if we micro-mapped each tree in the parking lot you
could get your GPS to determine the spot that is likely to be in shade for
a large part of the day, keeping your car nice and cool! :)  Ok, too far
perhaps.

Tyler