On 2 June 2010 11:48, Roy Wallace <waldo000...@gmail.com> wrote:

> amenity=assisted_living, because (if?) in all cases you are describing
> a place where people *live* with *assistance*.

I like assisted_living as well.  Be aware, though, that it is starting
to be used as a marketing term for those places which are not nursing
homes, but rather a collection of small houses or apartments, which
supply gardening services, maybe a central hall, canteen/restaurant
etc, and usually with a minimum age limit. We would have to make sure
we cover them as well if we use this term, or we're just going to
create confusion.

> amenity=assisted_living + assisted_living=orphanage, OR
> amenity=assisted_living + residents=children.

Hmm - not all homes for children are for orphans.  There is a home
near me that is for children/youth with very heavy caring needs, that
cannot be handled by their families.  Some of the residents stay there
all the time, some come for visits when their carers are unavailable
(ill, away, or just need a break). If you want to differentiate
between one of these and an orphanage, residents=children won't do it.
 I don't know if we do need to tell the difference, however.

Stephen