On 27 July 2010 13:51, John Smith <deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 27 July 2010 22:33, John F. Eldredge <j...@jfeldredge.com> wrote:
> > Using the same tag for both could cost lives, by making delays in finding
> the necessary equipment (fire hydrant or fire extinguisher) to fight the
> fire in question.
>
> While it may be useful to tag these things on OSM, I don't think
> anyone could or should be using OSM for life threatening emergency
> help in any way shape or form.

There are actually projects currently going to tag them in different places
in the world (there is one such project currently going in France).
Whether to use OSM in life threatening emergency is a different discussion
with a particular focus on liability. It is a rather large discussion not
limited to fire hydrants.

Emilie Laffray