On 05/08/2010 18:52, vclaw wrote:
> On 05/08/2010 17:03, Tobias Knerr wrote:
>> I suggest a more generic approach for the mounting/anchor information -
>> a key like this could be used for lots of different features, such as
>> post boxes, clocks, waste bins or vending machines.
>>
>> Specifically, I suggest to use the "support" key that has originally
>> been defined for clocks:
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dclock#Support
>
> Maybe, but I think these postbox are usually known as pillar/lamp/wall
> etc, so best to use the common names.

The choice of values made me think of them as generic terms, rather than
certain models of post boxes, as there's nothing in the key or values to
suggest that these are (apparently UK-specific) styles of post boxes.

So to clarify this: The "post_box:type" key describes the physical shape
of the post box, the values are specific models of post boxes and are
not intended to be than a universally applicable description of the
mounting?

Tobias Knerr