On 8/6/10 6:12 PM, John Smith wrote:
On 6 August 2010 21:31, Schlumpf<technikschlu...@web.de>  wrote:
The vote for the new fire_hydrant has been started.

After a long discussion about the "emergency-tags" we decided to let the
fire hydrants in the amenity namespace, for now.
Who decided this exactly?

Seems the only reason that was given to leave it in this name space
was because JOSM had a preset, and no one gave any software that
rendered it.

There was a lot of people that thought this should go under emergency,
so unless there is a good reason given soon I'll just shift it back to
emergency=* on the wiki.
yes, i voted no because of the move back to amenity. while i understand
the reluctance to switch over the existing tags in a rush, there's little
reason not to start using emergency for new tags.

richard