Am 24.08.2010 10:27, schrieb Tom Chance:

You are of course welcome to begin the proposal process, follow these
instructions here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Creating_a_proposal
Okay, I'll do so.

You will need to create this as a proper proposal page, invite some more
discussion and then take it to a vote. If successful, you can then move
it into the map features page.
It is common to post this proposal to this list and not to talk@ and such, right?

I have added some comments on the discussion page, I think it needs more
work before going to a vote.
I don't really like discussion on the wiki, so I'll quote and answer here

> == When is a craft a trade? ==
> The above suggestion relating to bicycle shops, most of which offer
> both new bikes and repair services, illustrates that it isn't always
> easy to say when to use craft or shop. A lot of the values you have
> given overlap with shop values, for example a bakery, butcher,
> computer shop, gardening, hairdresser, optician and shoes. If this
> proposal is to work I think you need to take a lot of those values
> out and more clearly (1) why and (2) how you make this distinction.
> TomChance 09:25, 24 August 2010 (BST)

A lot of the values have not been added by me and I see this problem, too, but did you read the distinction on the proposal page? It goes like

A place producing or processing customised goods. To differentiate between trade, service and craft. This proposal wants to reserve shop=* for trade (focused on selling pre produced goods) and creates craft=* for small production on demand and by order. Unlike man_made=works the goods are often customized to the customers' needs and specially produced for them.

So, the bike shop is not producing bikes, so it's shop=bicycle with eg. service=repair. but service=* is yet another proposal..

Peter