On Thursday, August 26, 2010 02:29:01 pm, Bégin, Daniel wrote:
> Since last year I have been working with the Canadian Osm community to have
> the entire Canadian 50K map content (Canvec product) available in .osm format.
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/CanVec
>
> The product is now available and is being uploaded in osm database by the
> Canadian community ...
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=44.354&lon=-79.343&zoom=9&layers=M
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=50.1841&lon=-66.4949&zoom=12&layers=M
>
> The intermittent water  tagging schema used was this one
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Water_cover.
>
> It was chosen with the community, mainly because it was very similar to the
> original data schema (Canvec product) but also because the wiki pages were
> saying that the proposal was still at Draft stage (not deprecate).
>
> Can we still have discussion about that and have it approved - even if it is
> a bit late ?-)

I've been tagging intermittent rivers and lakes (arroyos and playas, in
southwestern US speak) with their usual tagging, but with intermittent=yes.

It's mentioned on the wiki somewhere… I'm not sure on the usage.

--
Samat K Jain <http://samat.org/> | GPG: 0x4A456FBA

You're all clear now, kid.  Now blow this thing so we can all go home.
-- Han Solo (79)