At 2010-08-28 01:49, Tom Chance wrote:
On 28 August 2010 04:30, Alan Mintz <alan_mintz+...@earthlink.net> wrote:
Is there a plan to convert the existing data?

I thought about that, but I'm not sure how to proceed. Any advice is welcome!

I could, of course, just download all data tagged with the old schema using XAPI and update it. More time consuming, but polite, would be to contact all the authors of that data to tell them about the new schema.

IMO, when you're dealing with just changing a key name or value with a clear 1:1 map from old to new, it makes sense to change the data yourself - pretty straightforward using XAPI.

If there is a convenient way to do it (is there?), alerting the creators/editors of those features to the tagging scheme change would be good, too, since they are likely to be taggers of those feature types in the future.

--
Alan Mintz <alan_mintz+...@earthlink.net>