I agree with using amenity=pub/bar/whatever, sports=pool. But doing a
strict classification would be often hard.

In my town ([ot] thanks, population-based classification of urban
centres, for not calling it a city! [/ot]) there's a bowling hall,
with arcade-style video games, pool and table-tennis tables; would
this be considered a pool hall? an arcade? a bowling? We usually say
"let's go to the bowling" even if we rarely actually play bowling,
it's more like "let's go to the bowling to play pool".

Also, there are a couple of bars with pool tables; you'd sometime want
to go there not because of the bar itself but to play pool. The same
applies to those bars with video-poker machines, or (more and more
rare these days) arcade videogames; if people go there mainly because
of the games, or because there's a karaoke night, what should it be
filed under?

Regards,

Simone