Am 07.09.2010 18:27, schrieb John Smith:
I'd also consider things like hairdresser to be in shop, even though
it might be seen as a craft,
I'd too regard craft=hairdresser as an uncommon combination. Any votes against removing craft=hairdresser from the list of common values?

> same with handicraft (shop=craft),
I see a differenct between producing handicraft work (craft=handicraft) and selling it (shop=handicraft). If both is located in a single place, there's no problem in dual-tagging with both keys.

locksmith (shop=locksmith)
I don't see a locksmith as a shop, even if it's usually called like that. In german it's called dienst (service) so it should maybe be office=locksmith but that doesn't match it either.

Looking at the tag definition, it would be a craft because it's creating custom-made things.

> optician (shop=optometrist), saddler
(shop=saddlery) as that is how these are commonly referred to in
english...
My arguments for keeping them are similar to those above for shop/craft=handicraft. There are always two parts involved: one is producing and one is selling. Sometimes one is more important and sometimes the other one. If both are similar important, there's no problem with adding both tags.

Peter