Am 14.10.2010 15:47, schrieb Craig Wallace:
On 14/10/2010 14:36, Andrew Errington wrote:

So, when we get a renderer that can render "name:ko + (name:en)" we
can delete
all name=* which have been typed in that form and then rename
name:ko=* to
name=*

No, this would not be helpful. Because then how do you know what
language the "name" tag is in?
More useful to leave the "name:ko" tag as it is. Though you could copy
(not rename) the name:ko tag to the name tag if you want.

To render a German map there are two possibilities:
1. render "name:de" if it exists, "name" otherwise
2. render "name" if its identical to "name:de", "name (name:de)" otherwise

"name" does hereby refer to the local name ((how do the people that live there call their country).

This works for all the places that have only one local name. 1. is waht we currently render on the TS and it would be easy to set up 2., but it would not look nice because the "name" tag sometimes already contains brackets.

Peter