On Viernes 22 Octubre 2010 18:29:58 M∡rtin Koppenhoefer escribió:

> >> +1 to both
> >>
> >> name=* to me would equate to the name that appears on my bank statement,
> >> like "Student Center Post Office ATM" or "Lenox Square Mall ATM".  It
> >> sounds like what you're describing fits in operator=* or brand=*.
> >>
> >> I don't know about network=*... even though they're called "networks",
> >> that seems like a different meaning from the existing uses of network=*
> >> in OSM.
> >
> > I've asked about this too. I can understand that name=* refers to a
> > specific name of the particular ATM, like "Lenox Square Mall ATM" as you
> > said. But where to write "Banca March" (bank) and where to write
> > "Servired" (network)? Which one is operator=* and which one is brand=* ?
>
> operator is Banca March (the bank that set up the atm and puts money
> in when it's empty), the network is "Servired" and this could also be
> expressed as brand.
>
> This might be OK for most cases. I can imagine cases where it creates
> problems, because network could be more then one, brand could then
> refer to the brand of the bank that set up the atm and operator would
> be the bank that operates it. Brand and operator are not the same in
> all cases. Using brand with multiple values feeld incorrect to me,
> because it is not the brands of the atm but it is networks where it is
> affiliated with.
>
> cheers,
> Martin

It is not the same which network an ATM is in (it is only one) and which cards
it can work with (this can be multiple). For example, the ATM I have just in
from of my flat is operated by CajaCanarias (a "caja" is bank-like
organisation typical of Spain), it belongs to the Red 6000 network like all
CajaCanarias' ATMs and all ATMs from other cajas, and it accepts Visa,
MasterCard, Cirrus, American Express and other cards. Cards emitted by
CajaCanarias can be Maestro, MasterCard or Visa but they always carry the Red
6000 logo, and I can use them without fees in all ATMs from CajaGalicia, CAM,
CajaCM and others, but I can not use it freely on Servired ATMs like Banca
March, CajaMadrid, BBVA or Banco Santander: it will work, but I will pay fees.

So, operator=CajaCanarias brand=Red 6000 ?

Thanks

Noel
er Envite