I would map the driveway as a way with highway=service +
service=driveway, then areas of parallel or diagonal parking I would
map as an area with tags that depend on how this proposal turns out.
However there is another proposal [1] which would suggests tagging the
appropriate section of the driveway itself with a tag
parking:lane=both/right/left. That seems to have about 17000 usages.
Well maybe I would tag it that way instead of according to this
proposal, I'm not sure.

-Josh

[1]: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/parking:lane