On 01/04/2011 16:04, Ilya Zverev wrote:
It seems like I've messed up wording or just stated the purpose not clearly
enough, since you are not the first to ask this question. Of course I'm
aware of river mapping scheme. I do not propose to alter
waterway=river/stream/anything. The main point of this proposal is to mark
what natural=water on an area means. Is this area a lake, a pond? We have
no means to determine that now.

But also in this proposal I point out that waterway=riverbank does not
differ much from natural=water, and suggest to map it with natural=water +
water=river.

This means you have multiple keys for river (water & waterway).
It also means your using river to describe two different items (river & riverbank)

This leads to pointless confusion.

  Also, for landuse=reservoir I propose using natural=water +
water=reservoir, because it makes reseirvoirs mapping consistent with other
water bodies.

+1

Cheers
Dave F.