On 04/04/2011 15:10, Peter Gervai wrote:

What if I'd replace the word "illegal" with "unauthorised" or "unofficial"?

(Still, the point is to provide useful data. I took some time to check
around the OSM policies and FAQ and stuff and it says that OSM is a
database about geographical facts [I do not avoid this word and I
consider my/our judgement a good base for factuality]

But it's not /geographical/!

  for many known
and any possible yet unknown purposes in which it would turned to be
useful.)

There may be examples in use, but that doesn't make it right. It's not a
valid reason to add another to them.
Your argument was that OSM does not possess such tags at all,

Really?! Where did I say that?

  so I
should drop the subject. Now you say that it does indeed contain such
tags but I don't have the right to do the same anyway so I should drop
the subject. :-)

Two wrongs don't make a right!

Saying it's OK to add bad data because there's already bad data is a really bad idea.

No, I do not have any rights to any discussion, whatsoever, as neither
have anyone, and obviously I have the right to use whatever tag I
please. Discussions are usually to help people to make informed
decisions. Unfortunately your input not really added much new
information to the subject, apart from repeating others and commanding
me. No offense.

Hmm...

It seems you're the one that been repeating oneself, even after many people believe it's a bad idea. This hasn't been much of a discussion because it appears to don't listen/read very well.

I tend to agree though that rendering-wise this tag doesn't work, and
I'm not sure where to proceed; creating separate
amenity=illegal_waste_dump and such doesn't feels nice.