On Thu, 2011-04-28 at 07:34 +0800, Eugene Alvin Villar wrote:
> According to http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:brand
>
>     "The brand=* is a larger entity that a place advertises itself as part of"
>
> Which means that you put "Burger King" or "Barclay's" or "McDonald's"
> into the brand tag.

I thought in this case, we use operator=* ?

>From wiki.. The operator tag is used to name a company, corporation,
person or any other entity who is in charge of the operation of a
certain map object.

I think the branch/location could simply be added to the name tag.

amenity=bank
operator=Bank of the Philippines
name=Bank of the Philippines Almanza Uno Las Piñas

This is for example how I tag chain restaurants, with the
location/branch appended to the name tag.

David