On Sun, 2011-05-01 at 02:10 +0200, Stefan Bethke wrote:

> hgv=no might or might not be understood to include busses, but it
> certainly would not imply cars with a trailer, or small caravans.

If I was towing a caravan, I wouldnt set my navigation device to think
Im in a car or a motorbike, Id most probably use hgv.  You could say the
same that just because motorbike=yes it there, that wouldnt also include
side-cars and 3-wheeled trikes, those vehicles should be setting up
their navigation as if they were a car.

> The logic described in the Wiki for the access tags specifically allows
> for the general=no, specific=yes combination, so I'd prefer to find a
> tag that specifically describes cars. Why do we have a tag for every
> kind of large or small vehicle, but not one for a regular car?

So, is the parking youre tagging, exclusively for cars?  Are
motorbikes/trikes/sidecars not allowed to park there?

> I certainly do not insist on creating tags that exactly mirror the
> German legal taxonomy, but being able to distiguish cars from other
> vehicles must be useful elsewhere?

Not being able to distinguish cars from other vehicles is a little
different to tagging no big-things allowed.  I agree there needs to be
clarification of the car/bus/motorbike tags, but the general idea of
access=yes bus/hgv=no I think fits your situation appropriately.  Maybe
even a motorbike=no if the carpark really is exclusively for cars.

David