On 11/05/2011 12:19, Ilya Zverev wrote:

I've reverted his edits of the proposal page, but is he right? Is any
proposal with incorrect subject line in tagging@ post (let along those
which weren't mentioned here) automatically invalid?

If so most of map features would be "invalid" because many features there predate the tagging@ list.

The problem is that there are many different versions of "valid" in the OSM world:

"valid" in the wiki just means that people who read the wiki and can be bothered to vote thought that it was a good idea.
"valid" on the map means actually used lots of times
"valid" in the editors means that the editor authors thought that a particular combination was relevant to that editor's target mark
"valid" in the renderers means something different again, etc.

So it seems to me like a valid wiki vote. As to what relevance it has elsewhere? Not so sure.

Cheers,
Andy