2011/5/11 Josh Doe <j...@joshdoe.com>:
> Can we begin discussion of this? A "place_level" that allows for
> unincorporated areas, neighborhoods, and the like.

I am not sure that we need a place_level. Such a key would only make
sense if there was a clear hierarchy. Place structures can be
different overlapping systems without clear hierarchy. Which would get
a higher place_level, unincorporated areas or neighbourhoods? A place
might even really be part of 2 neighbourhoods at the same time?

An unincorporated area could still get a place value like hamlet,
village or town, couldn't it?

cheers,
Martin