On 17/08/2011 12:19, Sander Deryckere wrote:

It has a bad discription, it's a tag for a temporary feature (at least how I interpret it) and it didn't go via the voting process.

So I would just delete it and point the writer to the voting process.

Since when is the voting process mandatory?

I would guess that actually the majority of tags and values in current use have not been formally discussed, let alone voted on. Discussions very often just bleed to death anyway. The whole basis of OSM is "openness" - you can use whatever tags you like. Discussion and voting is really required only if you expect other consumers of the data to do something with your data, e.g. map renderers or routing engines.

This is how it is; it doesn't mean I agree with it.

Colin