Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
> Beeing the two proponents of tidalflat_path and tidal_road not
> native English speakers we decided to ask here in the international
> list which term is best suited

Yes, A.

By and large (and, of course, there are exceptions), English does not run
two words together to form one word in the same way that German does.
Something like "tidalflat" is unlikely to be English.

(The Americans have a nasty habit of making portmanteau words like
"staycation" from "stay" and "vacation", but arguably they don't speak
English either. ;) )

cheers
Richard