Hi,

On 01/12/12 13:26, Pieren wrote:
Sure. But I fear about this trend asking more and more attributes in
editors like P2 and JOSM. You and me know that all is optionnal but in
the other way, editors are suggesting the opposite. And more you ask
to newcomers and less your newcomers will contribute.

+1 - it takes a certain amount of audacity to leave all those beckoning input fields blank. "No, sorry, I *only* want to map the fact that there's a tram line, I don't know operator, voltage, lines, operating rules, or gauge..."

But that could be solved on the user interface side by splitting tags in "this tag is really important for this kind of feature" (like "name" for a street), and "these tags are optional".

Bye
Frederik