On Fri, 2012-04-20 at 06:43 -0400, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
> On 4/20/2012 5:50 AM, Georg Feddern wrote:
> > Am 20.04.2012 10:46, schrieb Nathan Edgars II:
> >> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:highway%3Dservices says that it
> >> (usually) has fuel and food, but it links to Wikipedia:rest area.
> >
> >> Should the Wikipedia link be removed (and added to
> >> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:highway%3Drest_area)?
> >
> > Uhmm, difficult, because the linked wikipedia article refers to rest
> > area _and_ service area.
>
> Wikipedia:service area redirects to rest area, so I'm going to change it
> to that. At least it won't give the wrong impression to someone skimming
> the description.
I think Wikipedia is very wrong on that one, and we really should not
follow it.

To give the impression that you will get fuel, food or drink at a rest
area is misleading. A rest area is a place to stop (to rest), that may
have a WC, picnic tables, somewhere maybe to set up a barbeque but no
'services' are available.

At a service area you can also get fuel, there will be a shop and
cafeteria/restaurants.

Phil