Hi Johan,

Here is another idea that Richard F. pointed me to on IRC:

http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2009-January/033557.html

I strongly believe that some mix of what you are writing about, what
Richard is writing about above, what Tag Central presentation contains
and what many other people have thought about for years and would be
involved in creating this... "thing"... is the way to improve OSM
substantially.

Paweł