On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 2:37 PM, Tobias Knerr <o...@tobias-knerr.de> wrote:
> Subtagging doesn't really work with access - there may be different tags
> using the destination value on the same object, and they might then need
> different destination subtags.

Well. I'm waiting an example where the access for "customer" will be
"allowed" or "not allowed" depending of their mode of transport...

> What's wrong with *=customer anyway? The signs for "destination" and
> "customer" are different in reality. If an application wants to treat
> them the same, it can easily do so even if we use different values.

If you specify the access for "customers", then you have to do it for
"employees" or "visitors" as well. Think about parkings or entrances
in theatres, hotels, airports, supermarkets, malls, factories,
hospitals, etc...

> The only thing that makes this particular aspect of the page confusing
> is the opposition to treating "customer" as an accepted value.

That's why I suggest a compromise with a subtag.

> If we could get rid of the "disputed" claim and the related "e.g. customer
> parking lots" for destination, it would be completely clear how to tag
> this situation.

Pieren