Hi,

Full story and conclusions: ...

At 50.5308 5.5959, there's a C23 road sign (below) towards NW town Esneux.
As understood with common sense, they don't want heavy vehicles inside Esneux and cartographers will use a distinctive rendering (road with traffic restriction)   over the restricted ways.
Which means I have to look for other corresponding road signs to determine the span.
I found none, starting with none on the next left Rue de la Cissure (rdlC).
I asked Esneux' administration in vain.
That means that a heavy lorry can come through Esneux, drive through rdlC up to the village Fontin and then U turn and go all the way back as if it had passed the C23 sign.  How can cops book anyone unless they come and sit near the sign? ;-)

So, I defined the weight restriction from the sign up to rdlC, over 50m. That's incorrect because it's not one-way but it's the best I could do to reconcile OSM and ADM.
Sounds kinda stupid but I plead not guilty.

But now what does that highway code tell us about C23 after all?
"accès interdit" = "forbidden access": to where?  To behind the sign, of course.
Unlike C43 speed limit below which is bound to say "up to the next crossing" to tell you where you can speed up again, there is no point in saying what happens behind C23 sign if the driver cannot go there, is there?

But now how can we make a map of such a case if OSM instructions  make the weight limit a way attribute and JOSM scolds with : Wrong highway tag on a node.  Suspicious tag/value combinations?  Is that Esneux adm playing tricks on OSM? ;-)

André.

C23. Accès interdit aux conducteurs de véhicules affectés au transport de choses.
Une inscription sur un panneau additionnel limite l'interdiction aux conducteurs de véhicules dont la masse en charge dépasse la masse indiquée.
7,5t

    C43. A partir du signal jusqu'au prochain carrefour, interdiction de circuler à une vitesse supérieure à celle qui est indiquée.
- La mention “km” sur le signal est facultative.
- Lorsqu'une masse est indiquée sur un panneau additionnel, l'interdiction n'est applicable qu'aux véhicules dont la masse maximale autorisée excède la limite fixée.
Le signal C43, avec la mention 30 km/h, placé au-dessus du signal F1 vaut sur l'ensemble des voiries comprises dans les limites de l'agglomération.